Investor Stream (Subclass 188B)
The Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) is part of the Business Innovation and Investment Programme. You must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect and be nominated by a state or territory government before being invited to apply for this Australia Business Visa.
Advantages of Investor Visa Australia
- No English and academic requirements
- Short approval period
- Investment of the government bonds, secure your capital with interest.
- 12th of the largest economy, 5th of Per Capita G·N·P
- Allow carrying spouses, children who under 23, are dependent with parent financially.
188 Visa Requirements
- Under 55 years old, Australian immigrants score 65
- At least 3 years of investment experience
- Minimum 1 year experience of A$1.5 million in managed portfolio for a in 5 years
- Net assets of A$2.25 million for the first 2 years of application
Investor Visa Australia – Investment Options
- Business Innovation stream: for people with business skills who want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Australia.
- Investor stream: for people who want to make a designated investment of at least AUD$1,500,000 in an Australian state or territory and maintain business and investment activity in Australia.
- Significant Investor stream: for people who are willing to invest at least AUD$5,000,000 into complying investments in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia.Holding this visa is the first stage before becoming eligible to qualify for a Business Immigration Australia Innovation and Investment (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 888).
Application Time and Process
- About: 18 – 21 months
Either you, your partner, or you and your partner combined, must adhere to the following:
- For at least one of the 5 fiscal years right before you’re invited to apply for your 188 Visa, you must have managed the following:
- An interest owned by you, your partner, or you and your partner combined, of at least 10% in a qualifying business.
- At leastAUD$1,500,000 in eligible investments owned by you, your partner or you and your partner combined
- During the 2 fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply, have legally acquired net assets of at least AUD$2,250,000 that are available for a legal transfer to Australia within two years of the visa being granted
- Make a designated investment of at least AUD$1,500,000 in a state or territory government security using unencumbered funds accumulated from qualifying businesses or eligible investments and be prepared to hold that investment for at least 4 years from the date of issue in your nominated state or territory
- You must be without any involvement in unacceptable or illegal activities.
- Income that you earn from your designated investment in Australia is subject to tax under Australian taxation law.