Investor Stream (Subclass 188B)
The Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) is part of the Business Innovation and Investment Programme. You must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect and be nominated by a state or territory government before being invited to apply for this Australia Business Visa.
Advantages of Investor Visa Australia
- A secure and stable investment (Government bonds).
- No English requirements, no IELTS results.
- No academic requirements, only value investment experience.
188 Visa Requirements
- You must be under 55 years of age, although a state or territory can waive this requirement if your proposed investment will be of exceptional economic benefit to the nominating state or territory
- You must score at least 65 on the points test.
- You must have a high level of management skills in relation to the eligible investment or qualifying business activity
- You must have at least 3 years’ experience of direct involvement in managing one or more qualifying businesses or eligible investments
- You must have an overall successful record of eligible investment or qualifying business activity
- You must have a genuine and realistic commitment to continuing your business and investment activity in Australia after the original investment has matured
- You must have a genuine intention to live for at least 2 years in the state or territory in which you have made a designated investment
Investor Visa Australia – Investment Options
- Business Innovation stream: for people with business skills who want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Australia.
- Investor stream: for people who want to make a designated investment of at least AUD$1,500,000 in an Australian state or territory and maintain business and investment activity in Australia.
- Significant Investor stream: for people who are willing to invest at least AUD$5,000,000 into complying investments in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia.Holding this visa is the first stage before becoming eligible to qualify for a Business Immigration Australia Innovation and Investment (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 888).
To obtain a 188 Visa takes between 1.5 to 2 years
Either you, your partner, or you and your partner combined, must adhere to the following:
- For at least one of the 5 fiscal years right before you’re invited to apply for your 188 Visa, you must have managed the following:
- An interest owned by you, your partner, or you and your partner combined, of at least 10% in a qualifying business.
- At leastAUD$1,500,000 in eligible investments owned by you, your partner or you and your partner combined
- During the 2 fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply, have legally acquired net assets of at least AUD$2,250,000 that are available for a legal transfer to Australia within two years of the visa being granted
- Make a designated investment of at least AUD$1,500,000 in a state or territory government security using unencumbered funds accumulated from qualifying businesses or eligible investments and be prepared to hold that investment for at least 4 years from the date of issue in your nominated state or territory
- You must be without any involvement in unacceptable or illegal activities.
- Income that you earn from your designated investment in Australia is subject to tax under Australian taxation law.