Canada Partner Visa

As of October 25, 2012, sponsored spouses or partners must live with their sponsor in a legitimate relationship for two years from the day they get their permanent resident status in Canada.

This applies to you if:

  • A permanent resident or Canadian citizen is sponsoring you,
  • You and your sponsor have been in a relationship for two years or less,
  • You have no children in common and
  • We got your application on or after October 25, 2012

If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your:

  • spouse,
  • common-law or conjugal partner, or
  • dependent children

If you sponsor a family member to immigrate to Canada, you must provide proof that you can:

  • meet basic needs—such as food, clothing and shelter—for yourself and your family,
  • support your relative financially and
  • make sure your spouse or relative does not need to ask for financial help from the government
Get A Free Consultation Today!

    *Collected information will be kept confidential and used for your immigration assessment.