Information for Express Entry

On January 1, 2015, completing an Express Entry profile will be the first step in immigrating to Canada permanently as a skilled worker under the:

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program,
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program, and
  • Canadian Experience Class

Under the Express Entry system, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will invite people to apply for permanent residence based on the information they enter in an online profile. You cannot apply directly to any of these programs unless CIC sends you an invitation to apply (ITA).

If you are planning to apply to one of these programs after December 31, 2014, you can learn more about how Express Entry works.

Getting ready to complete your Express Entry profile:

1) You will need to take a language test. CIC will use your test results to see whether you are eligible to immigrate to Canada under one of the federal programs that are part of Express Entry.

2) If you were educated outside Canada, you may need to have your educational credentials (your foreign degree, diploma or certificate) assessed against Canadian standards.

You may not need an assessment if:

  • you have at least one year of recent work experience in Canada, or
  • your work experience is in a skilled trade (skilled manual work).

Note: Even if you don’t think you need to have your foreign education assessed to be eligible under Express Entry, you may want to do so to increase your chances of being invited to apply.

3) You need to know the skill type of the job your work experience is in (as well as the job you plan to have in Canada, if they are different). You will use Canada’s job classification system (the National Occupational Classification, or NOC) to find out whether your work experience is valid under one of the three federal programs.

Express Entry Point Calculation– Canada Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)

Get A Free Consultation Today!

    *Collected information will be kept confidential and used for your immigration assessment.