This visa allows the spouse or de facto partner of a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident to travel and live in New Zealand and also includes children under  18 years of age.

If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you also may be able to sponsor a partner’s visa. However, you will need to prove that New Zealand is your primary place of residence before you can support the application.

You must:

  • Your partnership needs to be genuine and stable
  • ​You must be living with your partner
  • You must have the support of your partner
  • Your partner must be eligible to support you

Application Standards


Both sides must be at least 18 years old. In the case of a guardian, the 16-18 year-olds can apply.


When the visa approval succeeded, all unmarried visa holders must be in a marriage or intimate cohabitation within 12 months. This applies to same-sex/heterosexual partnerships. Applicant should be maintaining at least 12 months living together and in a stable relationship with their partner.

Get A Free Consultation Today!

    *Collected information will be kept confidential and used for your immigration assessment.