Canada’s federal self-employed immigration program, you can join an existing business or start a new business. You and your spouse will get a work visa in about 3 months and change to permanent resident in the following two pathways.
- You run the business for at least 1 year, you can get extra points to apply for Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP)
- If you hire your spouse as a senior management position, your spouse will get 50 points to apply for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) which is a part of the federal Express Entry program.
- No business experience required
- It is recommended that the business you are operating in and the previous work experience belong to the same industry, which can get extra points to apply for the Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP) Entrepreneur Stream in the future.
- While the applicant holds a work visa, the spouse is allowed to work, and the children enjoy free education in public schools. You can also hire your spouse to work in your company and add points for your spouse’s application for skilled immigration.
- It is recommended to invest at least C$400,000 to major cities such as Vancouver and Toronto, or about C$200,000-350,000 to the outside of major cities to run the business
- It is recommended to achieve CLB 5/ IELTS (Reading 4.0; Listening, Speaking and Writing 5.0)
- Spouse applying for permanent residence through the Federal Express Entry must have a bachelor’s degree or above (*We assess for both spouses to advise who is suitable as the main applicant to apply for OOLMIA)
Free consultation ➤ Sign an agreement ➤ Prepare document and business proposal ➤ Submit application ➤ Receive work visa ➤ Land to Canada and run the business
Why John Hu Migration Consulting?
- John Hu, an experienced migration consultant, has over 10 years of experience in entrepreneurship immigration in various countries. John and the team, work with onshore immigration lawyers and business consultants, to assist the applicant to write a business plan and arrange a business trip.
- Provide franchise/business transfer options
- Provide free preliminary tax advice
- Provide free basic settlement service