- A passport is granted within 6 months.
- Dual-citizenship is allowed.
- The program is geared towards High Net Worth Individuals with required investment in Real Estate in Cyprus of EUR 2,500,000.
- A €75,000 contribution to the Research and Innovation Foundation
- A €75,000 contribution to the Cyprus Land Development Corporation
- The property investment has to be kept for 5 years.
- This program is open to all nationalities.
- The spouse, dependent children (or grandchildren aged up to 28 years old) and parents of the applicant or spouse can also apply.
- No need to reside in Cyprus at any point in time in order to obtain or keep the citizenship.
- Main applicant, wife and dependent children below the age of 28 obtain citizenship.
- Grandchildren may also inherit citizenship via naturalization.
Compare Citizenship Programmes
Cyprus is not the only country in Europe offering citizenship through investment. However, it is by farthe quickest route taking just 6 months to obtain an EU passport. Citizenship is also possible through investment in real estate in Portugal by applicating after six years, while also available in Bulgaria through investment in government bonds.
- Citizens have the right to live and work anywhere within the 28 countries of the European Union.
- Citizens have the right to attend schools and universities within any EU country for free, or at special tuition rates exclusive for EU nationals.
- Beneficial tax regime for Cypriot passport holders, no foreign income tax, no inheritance tax, no withholding tax on interest earned and lowest taxation rates in Europe for residents.
Difference Between Cyprus and UK
|Parameters||Cyprus citizenship||Uk citizenship|
|Citizenship processing time||6 months in getting your EU citizenship and passport||5 years to get permanent residence(PR), citizenship after 1 year as PR|
|Residence reqirement||No requirement||180 days in each year|
|Citizenship Test||No requirement||Yes, life in the UK test|
|Age limit of dependent child||28 years old||18 years old|
|Accompanying family members||Spouse, all dependent children and parents of the investor||Spouse and all dependent children|
|Investment amount||2 million euros in investment properties||2 million pounds in designated investment e.g. UK share capital or loan capital|
|Investment period||The properties can be sold after 5 years||The investors should maintain the investment within 5 years, afterwards investor is free to sell it|
|Visa free countries for travel||157 countries||174 countries|
|EU passport - All rights of an EU citizen are provided : freedem of residence, study,work, doing business in any EU member country||Yes||Yes(Before Briexit)|