There is a high demand for nurses to work in Australia.
- Nurses will have excellent career opportunities .
- Most nurses consider skilled migration program to migrate to Australia.
- Most visa applications for nurses receive priority processing.
- To make the application successful, nurses need to register in ANMAC.
- In Australia, to work as a nurse you need to be in good health such as pass a chest x-ray.and have a certain level of education and experience.
- The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC) has more information including links to State and Territory nurse regulatory bodies.
The NMBA has introduced a new model for assessing the qualifications of IQNM applying for registration and ANMAC is unable to issue a positive skills assessment for skilled migration to an applicant who may not be eligible to register to work in Australia.
A copy of the letter of eligibility for registration you will receive from AHPRA if you are currently residing overseas.