Quebec investor program will remain unchanged until 2017.
- It is still in effect of the Regulation respecting quotas of brokers and trust companies from April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2017, 18 financial intermediaries have been allocated a number of agreements (quota) to sign up investment agreements. Requirements for asset and investment will be unchanged. The details will be released before March 31, 2017.
- Since Quebec Immigration Union has not come to an agreement with the government, interview in Hong Kong pauses.
- The government of Quebec is more efficient in generating the result in local by closing the interview. 75% of 200 applications processed in January and February in 2016 are granted.
- The government of Quebec is coordinating a quick way to let applicants get visa and go interview in Montreal.
- Applications under the old scheme by making investment of CAD400,000 will be completed in this year.
- The government of Quebec and the Federal government of Canada are solving the overtime problem in processing after completion of CSQ.Moreover, the government of Quebec received the ideas of revolution in investor program from financial intermediaries and attorneys, including increasing the thresholds of asset, investment, staying requirement and replacement of direct PR by conditional green card.
A summary review
- Policies of Quebec investor program will be changed upon March 31, 2017. To be eligible to the program, applicants must fulfill higher standard requirements.